- Also known as collagen induction therapy (CIT)
- A minimally invasive, non-surgical and non-ablative procedure for skin rejuvenation by creating controlled injury to the skin. As each fine needle punctures the skin, it creates a micro-wound or channel that creates a response by filling the micro-wounds with collagen and elastin in the papillary dermis. It also induces good circulation and new collagen formation leading to reduction of scars and skin rejuvenation (ie., improves skin texture, firmness, density and hydration)
- Professional skin needling is considered to be one of the safest skin treatments for those who are in overall good health.
- Mostly used on the face and may treat various scars, wrinkles and large pores. This can also be done on other parts of the body such as the stomach (for stretch marks) and thighs.
- Total prep and procedure time is about one hour and 30 minutes.
- A topical numbing cream is applied to the area to be treated to reduce chances of pain
- During the procedure, small pricks are made under the skin with a pen-like tool that will be moved evenly across the skin. Pin pricks are so small that you likely won't notice them after the procedure.
- The skin will be red and plump with some minor irritation for a few days after the procedure.
- Skin may feel tight and flake a bit while it heals
- Keep the new skin clean and moisturized. No make up for 3 - 7 days.
- Avoid irritating the treated skin with harsh chemicals, rubbing or tanning for 1 week.
- Avoid staying in the sun for at least 7 days and use an SPF of 30 or higher if you can't avoid sun exposure.
- May see some signs of improvement within a week, with more dramatic results developing over the next three to four weeks
- Some will see results with more treatment, but will be greater if you do a series of treatments, usually 4 - 6 microneedling treatments, spaced 4 - 6 weeks apart to achieve an optimal result.
- Client must be in good health at the time of treatment. Absolute contraindications includes scleroderma, collagen vascular disease or cardiac abnormalities, rosacea, blood clotting problems, active bacterial/viral/fungal infection, immunosuppression, scar less than 6 months old.
- PROMO: 3 treatment (Buy 3 appointments and get 1 free)