PRP Skin Rejuvenation
PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) Facial Rejuvenation also known as Vampire Facial or Facelift
- A facial rejuvenation treatment that uses your own plasma to stimulate collagen production and cell migration allowing for the elimination of fine lines, folds and wrinkles, skin tightening, smoother tone and texture, treat delicate areas, younger looking skin, softer and hydrated.
- PRP is concentrated blood plasma that contains several growth factors:
- PDGF - Platelet derived growth factor
- VEGF - Vascular endothelial growth factor
- TGF = Transforming growth factor
- Bioactive proteins that help in the rejuvenation of skin
These growth factors treat the classic sign of aging, photo damage and acne scars. Many patients claim "it can turn back the clock on aging."
- Common treatment areas:
- Around the eyes
- Around the mouth
- Cheeks and mid face
- There is no chance for an allergic reaction because the plasma comes from your own body, thus making it a very safe method regenerative medicine to treat various signs of aging.
- To maximize results, discontinue the following 7 days prior to treatment (Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Naproxene, B-lactam antibiotics, Vitamin E, Omega-3, fatty acids, gingko biloba, ginseng, alcohol and green tea).
- STAY HYDRATED leading up to your procedure
- Increase fruits and vegetables consumption 7 days prior to treatment
- Simple safe procedure
- A numbing cream is applied to the skin to minimize discomfort
- The appointment takes an hour and a half
- Blood is taken (like any other blood test) and then spun in a centrifuge machine for around 10 minutes to separate the platelets (proteins hat contain the GROWTH FACTORS essential for healing). We refine the concentrated platelet serum and carefully inject it in precisely the RIGHT SPOTS to achieve desired results.
- It can also be used through a microneedling device on your face to ensure the protein-rich substance is able to travel deep into the skin. Microneedling itself helps to stimulate collagen growth, so when used alongside with an infusion of PRP, you are getting a double effect of collagen boosting.
- A. Post care for injected PRP with Vampire Facelift
- More frequent temporary side effects on swelling, redness, bruising, tenderness, tingling, feeling of pressure or fullness at the injection sites. (Apply cold gel packs to reduce swelling)
- Do not take blood thinners such as aspirin, NSAIDS for several days after treatment
- After 24 hours post treatment, avoid touching or scrubbing at the injection sites
- Sleep on your back with your head elevated for 2 weeks
- Avoid direct high heat for 24 hours post treatment
- Example - blow dryer, sun exposure, sauna, steam room, very hot shower and strenuous exercise
- No facials, facial massages, or laser treatments for 2 weeks afterwards
- B. Post Care for Topical Application (Microneedling) with Vampire Facial
- To maximize results: For a minimum of 8 hours, do not wash your skin, expose the treated area to direct heat or activities that will cause you to sweat
- Do not use any harsh agents on your skin for at least 72 hours
- Usually one can see some signs of improvement within a week, with more dramatic results over the next three to four weeks
- Platelet cells plus the growth factors assist your body in healing and generating new tissue, which are involved in stem cell migration and ultimately activate, rejuvenate and regenerate cells in your skin, giving you a youthful appearance, using your body's natural biology.
- It is generally recommended to have 3 - 4 sessions, spaced 1 month apart to maximize results.
Contraindications for PRP use:
- Critical thrombocytopenia (low platelet count)
- Hypofibrinogenemia (abnormally low level of fibrinogen)
- Hemodynamic instability
- Sepsis (infection)
- Acute and chronic infection
- Chronic liver disease
- Anti-coagulation therapy (coumadin, heparin, dabigatran)
- $450 per session