Radiofrequency microneedling is a cosmetic procedure that uses tiny needles and radiofrequency waves to rejuvenate facial skin. It is one of the most effective skin-tightening treatments to improve fine lines and wrinkles. It also reduces pore size, acne and stretch marks.
Prior to procedure
At your initial appointment, your provider will ask questions about your medical history and expectations. If you have acne break outs, or you have a history of cold sores, you may be asked to take oral antibiotics or oral antiviral medications respectively.
During the procedure
- Your skin will be cleaned thoroughly to prevent infections
- A numbing cream/topical anesthesia will be applied to reduce the chances of pain
- The microneedling device makes tiny wounds in the skin. Simultaneously, the tip of the needle releases radiofrequency waves into the wounds.
- The exact duration of the procedure depends on the area being treated, but usually takes an hour (including preparation).
- The procedure is finished with a soothing solution to minimize any discomfort.
- May return to your normal activities
- May apply ice packs to reduce swelling and discomfort
- Wear SPF for several weeks after treatment. Your skin will be extra sensitive to the sun during this time.
- Use a gentle cleanser post treatment.
- Avoid wearing make up for 48 hours.
Shows results as soon as a few days, but further results develop as the body begins to produce collagen. The tightening effect and final results are going to appear gradually over 6 months (the time taken by the skin to fully rebuild).
Most will achieve full results with 2 - 3 treatment sessions spread about 4 weeks apart. The number of treatments will depend on how a client responds to the treatment and the severity of the skin issues.
Not recommended for those who have used accutane within 6 months, any skin infection, have had radiation treatment within the last year, are pregnant or have history of keloid scars.
Will be discussed during consultation.
- Single treatment: $300
- PROMO: Buy 3 sessions for $800