Neuromodulators are winkle-relaxing injections of botulinum toxin commercially known as Botox cosmetic Dysport, Xeomin and Nuceiva. These are prescription medications injected in small doses for cosmetic and medical uses. Preventative treatment can also be done to avoid wrinkles of expression from forming.
Commonly Treated Areas:
- Upper Face
- Frown Lines (lines between eyebrows)
- Forehead Lines
- Bunny Lines (top of nose wrinkles)
- Eyebrow Lift
- Crow's feet (wrinkles around the eyes)
- Under the eyes (tear through)
- Lower Face
- Lipstick Lines (around the mouth)
- Gummy Smile (excessive gum shows)
- Chin Dimpling
- Jaw Angle (teeth grinding, bruxism, jaw clinching)
- Underarm Excessive Sweating (hyperhydrosis)
Roughly 15 - 20 minutes and no recovery time is needed. Discomfort is usually minimal and brief.
May experience some mild redness, minor bruising, swelling and mild headache (rare).
Strenuous exercise should be avoided for 4 hours after injection and treated areas should not be rubbed for 24 hours.
An improvement will be seen within 2 weeks and will continue to improve for up to a month. Results typically last 3 - 4 months.
Should not be administered to pregnant women, nursing mothers and individuals with muscle disease like myasthenia gravis.
$10 per unit.